Aberystwyth Project

Burryport English Methodist Church

Please rollover the images to the right to view more

Burry Port Methodist Church was constructed in 1866 in the heart of an industrial community for immigrant Cornish tin miners. DRU-w were appointed to replace the dilapidated sunday school room to the rear of the chapel with a new facility that will provide both for church groups and the numerous community groups in the area.

An ongoing interest in building simply has informed the design of the hall. The scale and form of the new building is informed by the scale and forms of the existing chapel and the terrace of houses adjacent to the site. In plan, the form of the building has been determined by the form of the chapel and the rhythm of the terrace plots.


Client : Burryport Methodist Church
Team : DRU-w
Value : £126k
Programme: 2005-2009

Design Research Unit w
Bute Building
King Edward VII Ave
Cardiff
Tel: 02920 874430
Email: dru@cf.ac.uk
Valid XHTML 1.0
Valid CSS
Designed and managed by wsa